One small community, one big project
Between 1st February 2016 and 31st January 2017, we want you to take pictures of Lisacul. You can take a picture every day, or every other day, or when ever the mood strikes you. Send them in to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring them in to the Community Centre on a USB stick telling us where and when they were taken.
While the project is running, we’ll pick some at random to put up on the Website or on the Twitter feed each week. At the end of the year, we’ll pick one photo from each day to represent a Year in the Life of Lisacul and invite everyone to a presentation.
This, as far as we know, is the first 365 project to run in Ireland – if you want to see how it works for other communities, have a look at the 365 project run in Faversham in Kent.
Although this isn’t a competition, there are some rules to observe:
- Photographs must be taken within Lisacul and its townlands
- Photographs must be taken between 1st February 2016 and 31st January 2017.
- Photographs must be taken on the day stated.
- If someone features prominently in a photograph, a model release form should accompany the photograph.
- Private land is private land. You can take a picture of it, but not while on it unless you have the owner’s permission.
- You can take pictures of street scenes, but if someone is identifiable you should ask their permission to take the photograph and explain what you are doing. Most people will be fine with this and, hopefully, interested and enthusiastic about the project. You can collect a release form from Lisaculinfo.ie if you think you need more than verbal permission.
Photographs submitted may be used by Lisacul CDC as part of the 365 project
- on Lisacul’s social media accounts
- in an exhibition
- in a book that will be available for sale, and
- as part of Lisacul’s social and historical record, made available to local and national history groups
Any profit made from use of photographs in any form will go towards the project expenses.